Friday, August 29, 2008

Bags, bags, bags

I just can't stay focused on one project at a time. In checking out my Google reader, I saw that Laughing Purple Goldfish had a post on an easy yarn bag by Lisa Gentry. I immediately wanted to do the bag as I'm dying to make myself a new purse. I haven't made a bag yet but I really want to. So I scrolled down and started reading about LPG's easy peasy crochet bag pattern/tutorial and was then led to the simple lining tutorial she made. I stand in amazement. I've wanted to do a crocheted bag with a lining but I was intimidated by thinking of sewing into crochet. LPG broke it down into steps so it looks so easy, I'm going to try it out! I absolutely love her blog and highly recommend it. Now if only she'd make a tutorial on how to add a zipper closure to a crocheted, lined bag (hint hint!!) as I love my bags to close entirely. I suppose if she doesn't do it, I can figure something out, maybe make the lining longer to add the zipper? Hmm...

1 comment:

laughing purple goldfish said...

lol! your hints are not falling on deaf ears :)

I need to learn how to do zippers... and whenever I learn, I'll share!